Thursday, October 11, 2007

cleared for take-off

A 747 taxis down the runway and prepares for flight. But, before journey gets underway, the pilot must get clearance from air traffic control. They must be approved for take-off. In 2 Timothy 2:15, Paul urges his disciple Timothy to "Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth." In other words, when preaching or teaching the Bible, we must check our instruments, buckle up, be ready. This responsibility weighs on me with every message that I present.

Today and tomorrow, I am attending a Morris Proctor Seminar that helps pastors and teachers use a fantastic Bible Study program called Logos. A gracious benefactor equipped me with these tools several years ago and since then, this program has greatly helped me get ready for flight. I'd highly recommend it for anyone who wants to great tools to correctly handle the Word of God.

No comments: