Wednesday, August 8, 2007

filled cups

This week, Grant and Pearson have been staying with my parents at their home on Cedar Creek Lake. We settled on a four day visit and I secretly hoped they would at least make it two. You just never know how an iPod generation will fare lounging on the back porch watching the sun come up.

Pearson called me last night. "How ya' doin' bud?" I asked.

"Dad, Dad....you can't even imagine how great it's been! We went to a movie with Meemaw and Peepaw and before that we went to the store and bought a shirt for school and last night we went fishing and caught four fish but three of them died so we're going to go fishing for more and we just got finished eating baked catfish and corn and baked beans and this morning Meemaw made her homemade cinnamon rolls and we had lasagna last night and macaroni and cheese for lunch and Peepaw taught us a new game called "Joker" and tomorrow we're going to do some more cool stuff..."

His emotional cup was to the brim. And, the funny thing is, we had bought him a shirt recently, went to the movies last weekend, and frequently eat macaroni and cheese. But, for the last two days, his eyes and heart were especially open.

God, open my eyes to see who You are and the great things You have done. Fill my heart to the brim with wonders of Your marvelous works so that, at the end of my day, I declare how great You are! "Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him." (Psalm 34:8)

No comments: