OK....I haven't posted for 2 weeks. Most of you probably have given up on me. But, I've been busy. To give you a peek into my top 12 activities during the 12 Days of Christmas:
1. Raked leaves.
2. Wrote and delivered 4 sermons.
3. Hosted Christmas parties for friends and teenagers (not the same group....).
4. Started reading Religiously Transmitted Diseases. Lost interest. Started and almost finished The Scandal of the Evangelical Conscience by Ron Sider. About to start reading Rich Christians in an Age of Hunger by the same author.
5. Met with Faith Nibbs to talk about social justice and gather my Christmas reading list for research and study.
6. Worked on a new set of ministry brochures for Pantego Bible Church.
7. Walked with my wife.
8. Went bowling with my boys.
9. Watched Elf and The Grinch with my girls. Snuggled with my daughter for a late-night movie: Prince Caspian. Great film!
10. Enjoyed great evenings at the Mission Arlington Christmas Store and Oakcrest Church. Marveled at the generosity of folks at our church!
11. Wrangled with car repairs. Thanked God for my friend, Carl Deaton, who has come to my auto rescue on more than one occasion.
12. Put my Home Group community in danger with a Christmas gift exchange battle. Hysterical!