Wednesday, June 10, 2009

take me out to the ballgame

I took Pearson to the ballpark to catch the final game between the Rangers and Blue Jays. A storm blew in from the west--the likes of what I've never seen before. The stands emptied and everyone escaped to the concourse, packed like sardines. As the lightning flashed, the winds picked up and the torrent increased, I silently studied the exits and safe places. My senses were on alert.

Several biblical thoughts ran through my mind to pass the time:

1. What must Noah have thought?

2. 1 Corinthians 10:13 -When tempted, God always provides a way of escape.

3. 1 Peter 5:8 - Be on guard, against the Devil's attack.

4. Matthew 5:45 - God causes his rain to fall on the righteous and the unrighteous.

5. Luke 17:24 - The Son of man will come with flashes of lightning and thunder.

No comments: